How to resolve 'res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#' error (Internet Explorer stopped working while viewing a website)

While testing a website I was developing, I got an error message saying "Internet Explorer has stopped working". This is followed by this line added before the URL: res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#.

I was using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 7 64-bit machine.

I tried disabling all add-ons in IE but that did not resolve the issue.

I've found this solution to my problem:
  • From Tools menu, open "Internet options".
  • Go to the Advanced tab.
  • Under "Accelerated graphics", tick the box that says "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering".
  • Click Apply and Ok.
  • Test your website. You might need to restart your computer if it does not immediately show any effect.
This worked for me.

Comments

  1. This worked for me as well -- thanks for the information. The other sites made it sound like a malware or browser hijack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be
    okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

htaccess: Redirecting multiple domains to the main domain

MailChimp API V2.0 SSL error solution